Philippines introduces new travel rules for Filipino expats

In order to combat illegal recruiting and human trafficking, the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (Iacat) of the Philippines has mandated new travel regulations that will take effect on September 3.

Read also: China bans Japan seafood imports amid Fukushima wastewater release

New travel guidelines

The rules apply not only to expats on vacation but also to all travelers, including those funding their own trips and tourists sponsored by relatives abroad. The guidelines encompass several categories of travelers.

Basic Travel Requirements for All:

  1. A valid passport for at least six (6) months from the departure date.
  2. Valid Visa.
  3. Boarding Pass
  4. Confirmed return or roundtrip ticket, if applicable.

Requirements for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs):

The following requirements apply to "Balik-Manggagawa" or OFWs who are presently employed under employment contracts:

  1. A passport must be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of departure.
  2. Boarding Pass with a valid employment visa, work permit, or equivalent document
  3. If necessary, a confirmed return or roundtrip ticket
  4. Clearance for OFWs (OEC)
  5. If necessary, provide proof of employment, such as a certificate of employment, a company ID, or a recent payslip.

Requirements for OFWs' Family Members:

Tourists sponsored by Filipinos living abroad need additional documentation.

  1. Passport: The passport must be valid for at least six months following the intended trip.
  2. If required, a valid visa
  3. First (1) Entrance Pass Proof: Return or Roundtrip Confirmation The original PSA birth or marriage certificate is required for every civil connection on the ticket.
  4. The sponsor's documents may include a passport, a work permit, and an OEC (for OFW sponsors).

Additional Requirements for More Distant Relatives:

Additional paperwork is needed if the sponsor falls within the fourth civil degree of consanguinity or affinity:

  1. Original Notarized and Authenticated Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (AOSG)
  2. The original birth or marriage certificate issued by the PSA provides proof of relationship.

Requirements for Self-Funded Tourists:

  1. Passport: It must be valid for at least six months after the planned travel.
  2. Valid visa, if required.
  3. Entrance Pass
  4. Confirmed round-trip or return ticket
  5. Evidence of a hotel reservation or lodging
  6. Financial Capacity: A source of income appropriate for the intended travel
  7. Evidence of Employment or Other Documents

These strict regulations are meant to protect travelers and deter illegal activity. Travelers must carefully follow these guidelines as of September 3 in order to make their trips easier while maintaining compliance with the law.

Follow Us on Follow Akhbrna News at Google News
Join Telegram channel