The value of these traffic violations in the Emirates is 50,000 dirhams
After surveillance cameras captured footage of cars who ran a red light, authorities in the United Arab Emirates issued a huge fine of up to 50,000 UAE dirhams.
Although this judgment is ancient, the Emirates Police recently revived Yaqwa, and it is planned that the violation will be handed on to the violators along with the fine if they commit this violation.
Avoid the red light
According to the video released by Dubai Police, a small truck collided with the back of a motorcycle delivery driver because the vehicle driver failed to slow down due to a red signal.
When a motorist runs a red light at a crossing, a biker is forced to hit the brakes and fly over his handlebars.
The confiscation of the culprits' vehicle
According to the UAE authorities, if a driver is detected running a red light, his vehicle would be impounded. It will cost them 50,000 dirhams to return it after 30 days, plus other penalties.
Twelve black points will also be added to their license, for a total of 24 points.
According to Dubai Police numbers released earlier this year, there were 23 deaths, 348 traffic accidents, and 211 injuries as a result of red light running between 2019 and 2022.
More than 855 automobiles were seized in the emirate at the same time for running a red light.
In 2020, Abu Dhabi was the first to enforce a 50,000 dirham fine.
Violation for sudden stopping on the highway
Abu Dhabi Police in the United Arab Emirates also warned of sudden stoppages on the highway. The fine for a sudden stop violation on highways in the Emirates is 1,000 dirhams and 6 black traffic points, due to the seriousness of this violation, which puts the lives of the driver and others at risk.
Sharjah General Traffic Violations
- Driving the vehicle against the direction of traffic: 600 AED.
- Entering a vehicle into a prohibited place: AED 1,000.
- Driving an uninsured vehicle: 500 AED.
- Driving a vehicle not licensed by the licensing authority: 500 AED.
- Driving a vehicle with an expired license: 500 AED.
- Sudden vehicle deviation: AED 1,000.
- Wrong overtaking: 600 AED.
- Being busy with a mobile phone while driving: 800 AED.
- Driving a vehicle that causes noise: 2,000 AED.